ශ්රී LankaNZ is a free distributed Sri Lankan Community Newspaper that aims to reach a Sri Lankan population of over 18,000 all over New Zealand. ශ්රී LankaNZ is a monthly newspaper with a circulation of over 2500 copies. The demand for entertainment in literacy media itself gave birth to ශ්රී LankaNZ. We reach out to readers of all ages and life styles with a wide range of articles in both English and Sinhala providing news, entertainment and education.
The main objective of our publication has been identified as follows:
- To promote traditional values and activities among the Sri Lankans in New Zealand, enabling them to retain their cultural identity as an integral section of multicultural Aotearoa.
- To disseminate information and ideas among the Sri Lankans in order for them to make a meaningful contribution to the Kiwi way of life.
- To provide facilities for Sri Lankans in New Zealand to share news and views about Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
- To provide facilities for Sri Lankans in New Zealand of all walks of life to display and enhance their talents and creative abilities to improve the quality of life of the community.
- To provide useful information, guidance and assistance for the Sri Lankan community in their genuine efforts to promote traditional values and activities among the Sri Lankans in New Zealand, assimilate into the Mainstream Society.